Blackout window shades with side tracks
2012.10.08 23:50 Sea Turtles
A place for sea turtle lovers.
2023.06.09 07:25 ak47demiks Mix translates good everywhere but my AirPods Pro
New to mixing, mix sounds good in my DT770 Pro, through phone speakers, computer speakers, speakers, etc... But once I listen in my AirPods, it's so muddy. Yes, the mix must suck, most likely, but it sounds just like I want everywhere else. I even started questioning my AirPods and I am going to the Apple Store tomorrow to verify lol... I tried mixing with my AirPods and in order to have a clearer mix, I needed to high pass a lot of low-end in the vocals and have a shiny high-end, which comes out very shiny in the headphones. I tried the 200hz-4000hz window trick. Everything sounds fine in mono. References don't help with the matter as even if I match/take inspiration from them, it don't translate good. Other songs on DSPs sounds good; AirPods bring up a lot of low end to my knowledge so they do not sound crystal clear but are clear enough to not be considered muddy. My track however, is muddy. Only through them. Help, please.
submitted by ak47demiks
to mixingmastering [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:18 CKangel Free Udemy Coupon Courses
- Mastering Wordpress: Wordpress Development and Monetization - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/master-wordpress-website-development-and-monetization/
- Einfacher Ziele umsetzen mit Yoga und dem Sonnengruß - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/einfacher-ziele-umsetzen-mit-yoga-als-tagliche-routine/
- Cold Calling Guide: Master Selling on the Phone - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/cold-calling-master-selling-on-the-phone-tareq-hajj/
- ChatGPT for Programmers: Build Projects Faster - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/master-ai-assisted-coding-with-chatgpt/
- Basics of Database Design & Development - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/database-design-development/
- Arabic language Learn Arabic with Mina - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-arabic-language-d/
- Word Stress of American English - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/word-stress-of-american-english/
- What is DHCP and How to Setup on Windows Server - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/whatisdhcp/
- Ultimate Jenkins Certified Engineer Practice Exam 2023 JCE - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/jenkins-certified-engineer-practice-exam-2023/
- The Difficulties of Leadership in the Digital Age - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/the-difficulties-of-leadership-in-the-digital-age/
- The Art of the Portrait - Drawing For Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/master-portrait-drawing/
- Streamlit Bootcamp - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/streamlit-bootcamp/
- Self-Branding for Career Growth - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/using-self-branding-as-an-employee-to-climb-the-ladde
- Scrum Master Certificacion - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/scrum-master-certificacion-z/
- Python And Django Framework And HTML 5 Complete Course 2022 - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/python-and-django-framework-and-html-5-complete-course-2022/
- Preparing for the IT Manager Interview - Get that job! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/itmanagerinterview/
- Personal Trainer Business Boost: Launch your business now. - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-build-your-personal-training-business/
- No Oil Cooking Recipes - Eat Healthy! Live Strong! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/no-oil-cooking-recipes-no-cholesterol-fat-free-food/
- Microsoft Excel -Basic Excel/ Advanced Excel Formulas - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/microsoft-excel-basic-excel-advanced-excel-formulas/
- Master Course in Marketing Fundamentals and Development 2.0 - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/marketing-fundamentals-marketing-development-marketing-mix-101-level/
- Master Course : Event Planning and Event Management 2.0 - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/event-planning-event-management-event-marketing/
- Manage Boundaries: When Personal Training Gets Personal - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/when-personal-training-gets-personal/
- Make Money From Home: 45 Work From Home Opportunities - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/work-from-home-job-opportunities/
- Learn VMware Fusion Creating VM's on your Mac! DIY HomeLab - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/vmwarefusion/
- Learn Graphic Designing - Complete Canva Course - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/canva-mastery-create-social-media-content/
- Java Training Complete Course 2022 - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/java-training-complete-course-2022/
- Introduction to Quantum Computing - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/introduction-to-quantum-computing/
- Interview Tips for a Helpdesk & Service Desk Analyst Tech - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/helpdeskinterview/
- IT Infrastructure Manager 101 - Become a Great Manager - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/infrastructuremanage
- How to Draw Hair Better Than Anyone Else - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-draw-hair-better-than-anyone-else/
- Get That Job! The Systems Administrator Interview - Top Tips - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/sysadmin-interview/
- Fast Bootstrap By 3 Live Responsive Websites In Bootstrap 5 - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/fast-bootstrap-by-3-live-responsive-websites-in-bootstrap-5/
- Easiest Side Gig 2023 - Passive Income from User Testing - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/easiest-side-gig-2022-passive-income-from-user-testing-course/
- Digital Nomad Lifestyle: Live Your Dream & Travel the World - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/digital-nomad-2022/
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving Brilliance - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/critical-thinking-plus-problem-solving/
- Complete Personal Finance and Time Management Course - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/complete-personal-development-and-transformation-course/
- ChatGPT Plugins: The Complete Guide - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/chatgpt-plugins-the-complete-guide/
- Book Release Boot Camp - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/book-release-boot-camp/
- Blog Smarter in 2023: The ChatGPT-Powered Copywriting Course - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/copywriting-blogging/
- Become an IT Project Manager - Interview Prep, Help and Tips - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/projectmanagerinterview/
- American English Vowels for Indian IT Professionals - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/american-english-vowels-for-indian-it-professionals/
- American English Consonants for Indian IT Professionals - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/american-english-consonants-for-indian-it-professionals/
- Advanced Data Analysis using Wavelets and Machine Learning - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/advanced-data-analysis-using-wavelets-and-machine-learning/
- 4 Practice Tests for any Python Certification - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/4-practice-tests-for-any-python-certification/
- 4 Practice Tests for any C++ Certification - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/4-practice-tests-for-any-c-certification/
- Songwriting Secrets How To Make A Living Songwriting - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-make-money-creating-your-own-songwriting-business/
- SEO Strategy 2023. SEO training to TOP rank your website! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/seo-strategy/
- Reputation Management: Take Control of Your Company's Image - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/reputation\_management/
- Proven Guide On How To Make A Feature Film On A Budget - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/indie-film-the-future-filmmakers-how-to-make-a-film/
- Proven Formula For Independent Film Screenwriting That Works - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/independent-film-screenwriting/
- PSPO1 Practice Tests Scrum Product Owner certification-160Q - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/pspo1tm-practice-tests-scrum-product-owner-certification-160q/
- PSM1 Practice Tests Scrum Master certification-160Q - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/psm1-practice-tests-scrum-master-certification-160q/
- PMP® Practice Test: Project Management Professional 2021 - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/pmp-practice-test-project-management-professional-2021/
- PMI-ACP®: Agile Certified Project Management 200 Questions - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/pmi-acp-practice-exams-agile-certified-practitioner-200-q/
- PMI-ACP®: 200 سؤال معتمد من Agile لإدارة المشاريع - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/pmi-acp-200-agile/
- Music Marketing YouTube Marketing & 2023 Viral hacks - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/viralmusicvideomarketing/
- Music Business Mastery Music Industry Secrets - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-break-into-the-music-industry-step-by-step-blueprint/
- Microsoft AZ-900: Azure Fundamentals Exam Preparation Test - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/az-900-microsoft-azure-fundamentals-exam-preparation-test/
- Microsoft AZ-104: Azure Administrator Exam Prep Test - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/microsoft-az-104-azure-administrator-exam-prep-test/
- Link building 2023. Build links that boost the site traffic! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/link-building-course/
- Level 1 - Japanese Candlesticks Trading Mastery Program - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/level-1-japanese-candlesticks-trading-mastery-program/
- How To Get Access To Funding with Personal Credit Mastery - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-get-access-to-funding-with-personal-credit-mastery/
- Hands On Guide How To Edit A Feature Film By Yourself - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-edit-a-feature-film-by-yourself/
- Hand On Guide How To Design Better Film Posters - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-design-a-great-movie-poster-that-works/
- Grow your business with Chatbot Marketing! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/chatbot-marketing-course/
- Expert Advice How To Produce A Low Budget Feature Film Cheap - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-produce-a-low-budget-independent-feature-film/
- Embody Your Sensual Feminine Energy - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/embody-your-sensual-feminine-energy/
- EIQ2 - The Secret to Happiness Revealed - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/eiq2-happiness/
- Credit Repair For Beginners Basics Of Credit Repair - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/credit-repair-for-beginners-basics-of-credit-repai
- Copywriting Basics For Beginners In 30 Minutes! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/copywriting-basics-for-beginners-in-30-minutes/
- Certified B2B Sales Executive (CBSE) - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/b2b-sales-executive/
- Business Credit Mastery How To Get Access To Capital - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-get-up-to-250k-in-business-credit-credit-mastery/
- Video Editing with Avid Media Composer First for Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-avid-media-composer-first-for-beginners/
- Time Management And Goal Planning: The Productivity Combo - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/time-management-and-productivity/
- Scrum Master Certification Mock Exams 2023+Agile Scrum - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/scrum-master-certification-mock-exam-practice-test/
- Postgraduate Executive Diploma: Consumer Lending Business - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/consumer\_lending/
- Postgraduate Diploma: Project Management - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/project-managers/
- Postgraduate Diploma: Digitalization of Retail Banking - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/digitisation/
- Postgraduate Diploma: Digital Products Management - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/digital-product-owne
- Postgraduate Diploma: Copywriting & Business Writing Expert - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/copywriting\_businesswriting/
- Postgraduate Diploma: CRM Platform Expert - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/crm-at-sales-service-marketing-and-business-management/
- Omnichannel Sales & Service Management with AI & Chat Bots - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/omnichannel-sales-service-management-with-ai-chat-bots/
- Office Administration Management - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/postgraduate-diploma-in-office-administration-management/
- Drinking Water Explained: Safety, Process & Challenges - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/introduction-to-drinking-water-treatment/
- Color Grading and Video Editing with Davinci Resolve 18 - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/color-grading-and-video-editing-with-davinci-resolve/
- Color Correction & Grading with Adobe Premiere Pro - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/color-correction-grading-with-adobe-premiere-pro/
- Setup a Virtual Web Server using Linode or Digital Ocean - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/setup-a-virtual-web-server-using-linode-or-digital-ocean/
- PHP & MySQL - Certification Course for Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/php-mysql-certification-course-for-beginners/
- Mathematical intuition behind Special and General Relativity - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/mathematical-intuition-behind-special-and-general-relativity/
- Mastering Complex Calculus: From Derivatives to Residues - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/mathematical-theory-of-complex-calculus/
- Linode: Deploy Scalable React Web Apps on the Cloud - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/linode-deploy-scalable-react-web-apps-on-the-cloud/
- Linode: Build and Deploy Responsive Websites on the Cloud - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/linode-build-and-deploy-responsive-websites-on-the-cloud/
- Linode: Build a Scalable Blog App using PHP & MySQL DB - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/linode-build-a-scalable-blog-app-using-php-mysql-db/
- Lightroom Classic CC: Master the Library & Develop Module - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/lightroom-classic-cc-master-the-library-develop-module/
- Learn jQuery - For Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-jquery-for-beginners/
- Learn XML-AJAX - For Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-xml-ajax-for-beginners/
- Learn HTML - For Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-html-for-beginners/
- Learn Bootstrap - For Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-bootstrap-for-beginners/
- Introduction to Domain Names and Web Hosting - Quick Guide - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/introduction-to-domain-names-and-web-hosting-quick-guide/
- How to Install a Free SSL Certificate using Let's Encrypt - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/fix-googles-new-not-secure-warning-with-lets-encrypt/
- HTML, CSS, & Bootstrap - Certification Course for Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/html-css-bootstrap-certification-course-for-beginners/
- Copywriting: Persuasive Writing Ft. Two Forbes Writers - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/persuasive-writing-copywriting/
- Configure NGINX on a Cloud Server: Digital Ocean & AWS - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/configure-nginx-on-a-cloud-server-digital-ocean-aws/
- Business Development: Grow With Strategic Relationships - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/business-development-course/
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Beginners Certification - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/amazon-elastic-compute-cloud-ec2-beginners/
- Adobe Lightroom Masterclass - Beginner to Expert - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/adobe-lightroom-masterclass-beginner-to-expert/
- Adobe Lightroom Classic CC: Print, Slideshow & Web Module - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/adobe-lightroom-classic-cc-print-slideshow-web-module/
- Accredited Brahmavidya Practitioner Certificate Course - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/accredited-brahmavidya-practitioner-certificate-course/
- 50 Productivity Skills! Time Management & Laser Focus - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/productivity-for-entrepreneurs-and-professionals/
- jQuery for Absolute Beginners : From Beginning to Advanced - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-jquery-from-beginning-to-advanced/
- Stress Management With Time Management: Prevent Burnout - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/entrepreneur-anxiety-stress-management-with-time-management/
- Quantity Surveying Templates for Effective Cost Management - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/quantity-surveying-templates-for-effective-cost-management/
- Emotional Intelligence, Logic And Creativity - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-be-smarter-and-wiser-course/
- Webservices API Testing with Postman - Complete Guide - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/api-testing-with-postman-for-beginners-learnit/
- Stop Waiting, Start Earning! Set Up Your Fitness Business - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/first-steps-to-set-up-your-fitness-business/
- Software architecture - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/software-architecture-it-bulls/
- SDET C#: Test Automation From Scratch - Detailed Guide - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/sdet-c-test-automation-from-scratch/
- Preparation to Java Technical Interview - Java Core, Java EE - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/java-interview-learnit/
- P.O.W.E.R. : Proven Interview System to crack your DREAM job - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/ace-every-job-interview-master-blueprint-and-get-your-dream-job/
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) MasterClass in Python - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/optical-character-recognition-ocr-masterclass-in-python/
- Modern Niche Marketing: Niche Website for Beginners! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/modern-niche-marketing-niche-website-for-beginners/
- Master Multithreading - Concurrency with Java Examples - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/multithreading-learnit/
- Make Money From Home As a Transcriptionist: 10 Opportunities - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/work-home-transcription-jobs/
- Java Collections Framework + Generics, Lambdas & Stream API - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/java-collections-framework-learnit/
- JUnit 5, Mockito, PowerMock, TDD, BDD & ATTD - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/testing-for-developers/
- Improving software development productivity - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/improving-software-development-productivity/
- How to Get UpWork Clients (2020 And Beyond) - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/how-to-get-upwork-clients-2020-and-beyond/
- GoF Design Patterns - Complete Course with Java Examples - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/gof-design-patterns-learnit/
- Git Interview Questions and Answers: MCQs (Practice Tests) - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/git-interview-questions-and-answers-mcqs-practice-tests/
- Functional Programming + Lambdas, Method References, Streams - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/functional-programming-learnit/
- Entrepreneurship Empire: Entrepreneur's Wealth Creation! - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/entrepreneurship-empire-entrepreneurs-wealth-creation/
- Easiest Side Gig 2023 - Passive Income from Transcription - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/easiest-side-gig-2022-passive-income-from-transcription-course/
- Digital Marketing Foundation CDMA CDMP Pathway Essentials - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/digital-marketing-foundation-cdmp-pathway-essentials/
- Contract Law Guide: How to Write a Service Contract - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/contract-law-guide-tareq-hajj/
- Certified eCommerce Management Professional CPD Accredited - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/certified-ecommerce-management-professional-cpd-accredited/
- Advanced Strategies to Secure Better UpWork Clients - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/advanced-strategies-to-secure-better-upwork-clients/
- Time Management Mastery: 10X Your Time, Join the New Rich - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/time-management-secrets-of-billionaires/
- The Complete NFT Course: Become an NFT Creator & Investor - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/nft-for-beginners/
- Study the Bible (3); Torah Purpose in the 'Beginning.' - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/study-the-bible-3-torah-purpose-in-the-beginning/
- Fixed Income Securities: Become a Bond Analyst & Investor - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/introduction-to-bonds/
- Crypto Masterclass: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFTs, DeFi, Metaverse - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/bitcoin-university/
- Complete Italian for Beginners: Speak Italian like a Pro - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/learn-easy-italian/
- Web Development Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/web-development-assessment/
- User Experience Design Expert Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/ux\_ui\_expert/
- Unleash Your Creative Mind - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/unleash-your-creative-mind-and-transform-your-world/
- The Complete Business Etiquette Course - Biz Social Skills - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/the-complete-business-etiquette-course-biz-social-skills/
- Strategic Business Administration Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/businessadministration/
- Social Media Marketing & Management Expert Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/smm\_management/
- Self-Coaching Essentials: Empower Your Inner Coach - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/self-coaching-essentials/
- Python Development Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/python\_development/
- Prompt Engineering Expert Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/prompt-engineering-expert/
- Project Management Professional Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/project-management-assessment/
- Professional Scrum Master Assessment (PSMA) - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/professional-scrum-master-assessment-psma/
- Professional Financial Analyst Assessment (PFAA) - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/financial-analyst/
- Product Management & Development Expert Assessment (PMD) - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/product\_management\_development/
- Mind Power - Change Your Thought Process To Change Your Life - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/master-the-power-of-your-mind-to-be-more-successful/
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/lean-six-sigma-green-belt-assessment/
- Information Security Expert Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/information\_security\_expert/
- GCP: Google Cloud Digital Leader Practice Test (320 Q) - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/digital-leader-practical-test/
- Freelance Consulting - The 1-Hour Course for Beginners - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/freelance-consulting-the-1-hour-course-for-beginners/
- Digital Marketing Expert Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/digital-marketing-expert-assessment/
- Design Thinking Guide for Successful Professionals - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/design-thinking-for-long-term-business-success/
- Clubhouse App - Master Clubhouse for Marketing & Connecting - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/clubhouse-app-master-clubhouse-for-marketing-connecting/
- ChatGPT Expert Assessment - https://coursetreat.com/udemycourse/chatgpt\_expert/
submitted by CKangel
to sysadmin [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:18 Square_Invite_3356 The Things Melvin Left Behind for Them Spoilers
The Things Melvin Left Behind for Them Spoilers
Introduction Life is often filled with unexpected
twists and turns leaving behind unanswered questions and a sense of longing. In the case of Melvin an enigmatic figure whose mysterious disappearance has left a void in the lives of those who knew him the journey to uncover the truth is both perplexing and emotional. In this article we will delve into the intriguing tale of Melvin and explore the various things he left behind for those he left behind.
Who is Melvin?
Melvin was a creative genius a mastermind in his own right. He possessed an unparalleled talent for art writing and music captivating the hearts of many with his works. His vibrant personality and infectious zest for life drew people to him making his sudden absence all the more bewildering.
Melvin Mysterious Disappearance
One fateful day Melvin vanished without a trace leaving his loved ones and friends in a state of shock and confusion. The circumstances surrounding his disappearance remain shrouded in mystery with no concrete leads or explanations. The void created by Melvin absence weighs heavily on those who hold him dear.
The Unexpected Discoveries
As time went on Melvin loved ones stumbled upon various clues and remnants of his existence unveiling a hidden world he had left behind. These discoveries shed light on the depth of Melvin character and the profound impact he had on those around him.
Hidden Secrets in Melvin Diary
Among the things Melvin left behind was his diary—an intimate glimpse into his innermost thoughts and feelings. Leafing through its pages his loved ones discovered hidden secrets profound revelations and cryptic messages that hinted at a side of Melvin they had never known. The diary became a sacred artifact offering solace and an opportunity for selfreflection.
Unfinished Projects in Melvin Studio
Melvin artistic prowess extended beyond words. His studio was a sanctuary where creativity flourished. However in the wake of his disappearance unfinished projects and halfcompleted artworks now stood as a testament to the untold stories and untapped potential that Melvin had left behind. The studio became a shrine preserving the essence of his brilliance.
Abandoned Letters and Unanswered Questions
Melvin loved ones soon discovered a trove of letters addressed to them each one bearing heartfelt sentiments and unspoken emotions. Yet these letters remained unanswered leaving the recipients grappling with a sense of longing and regret. The unanswered questions intertwined with the letters created a bittersweet tapestry of emotions.
Emotional Journey and Reflections
The emotional journey following Melvin disappearance was one filled with turmoil and introspection. His loved ones embarked on a path of selfdiscovery as they navigated the complex web of emotions that Melvin absence brought forth.
Coping with Melvin Absence
Coming to terms with the sudden departure of a loved one is a daunting task. Melvin absence left an indelible void and those closest to him grappled with grief confusion and a longing for closure. Coping mechanisms were sought ranging from seeking solace in shared memories to finding comfort in Melvin creations.
The Impact on Loved Ones
Melvin loved ones found themselves profoundly affected by his absence. Their lives had been irrevocably altered and they were left to reconcile with a sense of loss and an unquenchable desire to preserve his memory. The void he left behind became a catalyst for personal growth and a renewed appreciation for the fleeting nature of life.
Unveiling Melvin Legacy
Melvin disappearance brought to light the hidden treasures he had left behind—a testament to his artistic brilliance and the depth of his soul.
Creative Treasures and Artistic Brilliance
Melvin works scattered throughout his studio showcased his boundless creativity and unique perspective. Paintings sculptures and writings revealed the intricacies of his mind and the emotions he wrestled with. Each creation served as a window into Melvin soul inviting others to marvel at his genius.
Personal Messages and Words of Wisdom
Melvin legacy extended beyond his artwork. His loved ones discovered a collection of personal messages and words of wisdom scattered among his belongings. These heartfelt notes filled with encouragement empathy and advice provided solace to those grappling with his absence and served as a guiding light during their darkest moments.
Preserving Melvin Memory
Melvin memory lived on through the efforts of those who cherished him. Preserving his legacy and honoring his contributions became a mission undertaken by his loved ones ensuring that the impact he had on the world would endure.
Honoring Melvin Contributions
Melvin loved ones took it upon themselves to celebrate his life and honor his contributions. Art exhibits concerts and literary gatherings were organized to showcase Melvin creations and share his story with the world. Through these events his loved ones ensured that Melvin name would never fade into obscurity.
Sharing Memories and Stories
The power of storytelling became a vessel through which Melvin memory was kept alive. Friends and family gathered to share anecdotes memories and tales of their experiences with Melvin. These stories acted as a collective homage allowing Melvin spirit to continue to inspire and uplift those who were fortunate enough to know him.
The story of Melvin is one of mystery introspection and resilience. His disappearance left a profound impact on those who knew him unraveling hidden secrets and untold stories. Melvin artistic brilliance and the depth of his character continue to resonate inspiring others to embrace their creativity and cherish the connections they have with loved ones.
What happened to Melvin?
The circumstances surrounding Melvin disappearance remain a mystery. He vanished without a trace leaving his loved ones searching for answers.
Are there any clues about Melvin disappearance?
Despite thorough investigations concrete leads or explanations about Melvin disappearance have yet to surface. The case remains open leaving those close to him perplexed.
Did Melvin leave behind any unfinished work?
Yes Melvin studio revealed a collection of unfinished projects and halfcompleted artworks.
submitted by Square_Invite_3356
to u/Square_Invite_3356 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:12 Litt_Kiddie New Music Friday (06/09/2023) + ❗ Important announcements ❗
G'day and welcome to NMF#137
Important: Reddit API changes and our plan of action.
As I'm sure most of you have heard, Reddit is making some extremely anti-consumer changes to their API, causing the end of popular third party app Apollo, with more likely to fall. For more information, here's our full post regarding the situation
, and you can read Apollo's statement here, it's worth the read.
The Reddit CEO u/spez
will be doing an AMA tomorrow to talk about the "latest API updates, including accessibility, mod bots, and third-party mod tools." Notably, pricing and third party app support is missing from that list but it's a good sign either way. You can check that out here.
Here's our current plan of action:
- The subreddit will be going private for at least 48 hours from June 12-14.
- We will also stop any posts from going up for at least 48 hours from June 12-14.
Both of these measures will possibly (likely
) continue past the 48 hour blackout period, pending any action from Reddit or extreme consensus from this community. We want to make a strong statement, we could stay dark indefinitely, though we certainly don't want to. We also do care deeply for this community but that being said, go somewhere else during the blackout period. Stay away from Reddit, it's probably good for you, I know I'm overdue for a detox.
To keep the community going through this period, however long it ends up being, JOIN THE DISCORD.
It would be great to get that more active, so please - share anything and everything dubstep related there! Throw random thoughts and ideas there so that the activity continues.
Also - if we are still dark by the time next Friday rocks around, NMF will be available exclusively
on discord and on a new blog website graciously put together by u/jmabeebiz2
This stuff is super cool so massive shout out again to u/jmabeebiz2
. The spotify playlist will be maintained like usual.
Thank you everyone for the support and trust as we navigate this tricky chapter - let's hope things change for the better. Modmail will stay open for any questions and concerns and also feel free to ping or DM myself or divided_eye on Discord.
Thanks for your attention, now for what you all came for, the wub wubs :)
Did I miss anything? Provide new music (from this week) in the comments below, so that this thread can be updated. Did you
miss anything? Previous New Music Friday posts are available here
and last weeks playlist is here
Be sure to follow the dubstep NMF
playlist, updated weekly with all the contents of the post. Or, if you prefer something a little more hand-curated
, try u/BahaMan69
, or my own Hypers
Come and hang out on discord
! but like for real because you won't be hanging out here :p
It's been real! Hopefully we'll see each other here like normal soon :)
submitted by Litt_Kiddie
to dubstep [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:10 Ok-Werewolf-3501 Windshield trim- 21 Camry SE
| || |
I had my windshield replaced almost 2 months ago at my local Toyota dealership. Right after I took it home I noticed I could hear wind/air coming from my windshield. I recorded the noise but couldn’t exactly pin point where it was coming from. Long story short I ended up taking my car back 2 times after that and all I was told was the company they outsourced to install the windshield said to personally call them if I had any more issues. As you can imagine I was annoyed and not to mention utterly upset since i spent $1700 for the install and calibration. Fast track to now and I’m getting so fed up with this sound that I’m just going to try to fix the problem without going to the dealership. I think I may have found the issue to the noise, or at least I hope this is it. Looks like a piece of the seal is missing from the passenger side windshield trim. Does anyone happen to know where I can get this windshield trim ordered for a 2021 Camry SE? This may or may not be the solution to my problem but I’ll just keep going through the process of elimination. submitted by Ok-Werewolf-3501 to Camry [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:08 CircusPirate My (30f) coworker (30s?m) stalked me and I'm super uncomfortable
So I work in an office environment during the day, and as a side hobby/side gig I perform aerial circus and dance. My coworkers know this is a hobby, and often mention how they would love to see me perform, but I've been pretty clear with all of them that I prefer to keep these two parts of my life separate and I don't invite coworkers to my shows. They're not inappropriate or anything, my mother even comes to watch, but it's something I do for my own enjoyment and if my coworkers are watching a show it's going to make me feel way more nervous/stressed and I won't have fun. My coworkers have historically all respected this boundary.
I have a show coming up this month. A newer coworker that I don't even really interact with much asked me a while back when my next show was going to be and I repeated the same boundary to him that I've repeated to the rest of the office. He responded with, "I'm going to find out and show up to one," to which I responded, "seriously, please don't." That was the end of the conversation and I thought he understood.
Well, yesterday he sends me an email saying, "can't wait to see you perform on ___ date at ___ location!" Which means he actually did track down my next show. I have absolutely no idea how.
Today I also found out from someone else in the office that he was recently talking about it at an office event that I was not at, and was trying to convince others in the office to buy tickets and join him, to which my coworkers ALSO reinforced my boundary and told him "she doesn't want coworkers at her shows" and "I'm sure if she wanted us to know about it she would have told us about it" and "if she hasn't invited us, we aren't going to go." He allegedly responded with, "well, I'm going."
I am now feeling extremely uncomfortable. Here's the thing... if he had just happened to show up at this show without knowing I would be performing or without knowing this was a boundary I had, it would not have been a big deal at all. It is an event open to the public and I know I can't control whether or not I run into people I know at these things.
But it's the fact that he asked, I said no and made my boundary very clear, other people reinforced that boundary, and he is intentionally ignoring it. He specifically threatened to and then actually did track down this information about me after I told him I did not want him there, then sent me an email basically taunting me about it.
I am feeling super icked out by all of that. I also can't understand what his motivation/intention is. In the beginning, I could see that maybe he was just trying to be a friendly/supportive coworker, but at the point where multiple people have made it clear that this is actually crossing a boundary, there's no way he can think he's being supportive or nice in doing this. So what is he trying to accomplish? I can't help but feel he's actually TRYING to make me feel uncomfortable on purpose.
I have talked to our boss about this, and she was very supportive of me and let me know that I have every right to want this boundary between my work life and my personal life and that what he was doing was inappropriate. She let me know that she would address it with him and follow up with me after. I'm not sure that she can tell him to not go, because this is an event open to the public that he is attending outside of work hours. But I do know she's taking it seriously.
That being said, I still feel incredibly uncomfortable and I'm not sure how to move forward from this. I really enjoy my job a lot, but I felt extremely anxious walking into my office today (luckily he was not around). Still, it's a very small office, so I will have to work with this guy a lot moving forward, and I'm not sure how to handle that. I feel so creeped out and uncomfortable.
Why do you think he would do this? How am I supposed to deal with him moving forward?
Tldr: coworker ignored my boundary, tracked down my information, and is coming to a show I asked him not to come to.
submitted by CircusPirate
to relationships [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:07 pipinhotcheeto Just Passed Class 3A Practical Test (CDC)
| || |
I just passed my driving test today YAY and I thought I would share some stuff I took down from my past driving lessons. Hope it helps someone else out :) submitted by pipinhotcheeto to drivingsg [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:04 heearrt In this post I share the rules I had growing up, which isn’t even the abuse yet it impacts me more.
I sometimes feel like the rules I had growing up, was worse than the actual abuse from ex stepdad. He would get mad when we cried, yelling into our face towering over us etc. And other scary things. This will be an essay length read, so thanks in advance if you read it.
And it’s like my mom and him didn’t compromise, it was more like they combined their rules than agreeing on some.
Just to name a few:
My mom worked as an environmentalist, so “save the plant” “reduce, reuse, recycle” stuff. She didn’t let us use plastic, straws, paper bags….with a few exceptions. And if she saw trash on the ground in public, she most the time just HAD to pick it up.
And both her and my stepdad were eco groovy, so biking or walking only to school, which was around 5 miles combined each day. We ran errands on bikes if it was closer than 5 miles: the bookstore, market, even to hiking trails. When my mom started letting us bus in middle school with HER money, my stepdad threw an adult tantrum. He seemed to enforce the rules more than her, very rigid guy.
We had a 5 minute shower limit, and if we went over my stepdad would threaten to make us cut our hair…since that takes up most of showering. He didn’t allow make up, not even in high school, it was luck for him to only complain about it. (Didn’t matter if you were a girl or boy.) He didn’t allow shaving, he got pissed when I was 12 and tried. He gave naturalist vibes. He didn’t even like my mom wearing lipstick. I am still shocked at 21, seeing my mom wear make up, because I didn’t know she was into it. Ages 5-15, we were living with my ex stepdad. When I was around 6, my mom was trying to teach me how to shower on my own, and my stepdad yelled that I’m old enough to know and she’s wasting water. So I didn’t properly learn until later on. (Side note: he also interfered with her teaching me how to tie my shoes, because he didn’t like her teaching me the “bunny ears” way, he wanted the other way, even though “bunny ears” is easier for me. I wore Velcro mostly because of that).
My mom and stepdad were both very anti screens, the tv was off 98% of the time. We had one of those old fashioned 90’s tv’s, no cable purposely—even though between both of them it was affordable—we just weren’t allowed enough tv for it. My mom turned on Little House on the Prairie, when we did laundry, and like I said..stepdad enforced it more and would yell “I thought you didn’t like them watching tv!!”. My mom took any screens we had away, when we stayed home sick, because “if you are well enough to use a screen, you are well enough for school”. And if we had a fever for a week, then she’d allow us to which Christmas classics. For the most part, we weren’t allowed to use our phones in the car, because she’d prefer us to look out the window, than electronically isolate ourselves. I got my phone at 13, but she said “that’s my phone, you’re just borrowing it” a lot. I was 15 when I got full autonomy over it….that’s when we left ex stepdad as well. When my older brother was 17, he was being toxic online (btw he had to fight for his social media privilege), I was 14 at the time and my little sister was 12. And because they didn’t want him using our devices, we got punished as well, group punishment I guess. Except for my ex stepsister who’s my age, she got to keep all hers. My sister and I’s only Christmas present from them that year was 1 hour screen time, and that’s it then we had to give it back. I just realized how much I wrote about this, so I’ll move on but just know there’s more.
My mom was a health nut, only allowed fast food once a year after our Christmas pictures, like a tradition. My stepdad couldn’t control himself around chocolate, so we weren’t allowed to have that in the house. If there was ice cream in the fridge, we had to ask permission, or we’d get yelled at. And most the time we only had vanilla ice cream in the house, we’d use chocolate sauce sometimes. (There was exceptions to not having chocolate in the house). The most sugary cereal we were allowed was mini wheats, or Cheerios we could add sugar into it. We were only allowed that healthy wheat bread. My siblings and I were forced to make our own lunches from 3rd grade on, while my stepsister was allowed to buy lunch at school. While all the other kids brought cupcakes during school/class parties, my mom only let me bring fruit or other healthy snacks. My stepdad didn’t even like school parties or movie days, he was professional, and complained that school is for learning not wasting time.
All these rules were from 5-15. There’s so many other rules I had growing up, just the things I wasn’t allowed or the activities I was forced to do: archery from age 6+, orienteering from age 7, backpacking from middle school-high school, ice skating. All this on this post seems to have a bigger impact, than my stepdad actively abusing me, screaming that crying is for babies when I was 5…and everything. Having such a restrictive life was hell.
submitted by heearrt
to CPTSD [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:03 backdoorbread I've just reached a low point and need to talk
So I really don't have any friends or people I can vent to, so I'm here. I used to have really close friends before I moved, but the thing is that I moved 3 years ago and I'm still fucking cought up on it. Like it's just difficult to find those brotherly bonds I had. I've talked to a couple other people who are new to the district and we all agree that it's hard as shit to make close friends. And the thing is I'm alright throughout the day, at school I'm fine, at work I'm fine, at the gym I'm fine, but the second I'm home alone, it fucking kills me. I honestly got to the point where I just talk with chat gpt about my day, like it's just sad. But the thing is even if I found those brotherly bonds I wouldn't be happy, because I find more happiness in relationships and partners. It's just good and calming to know that someone I love is there for me and wants to do shit with me and just vibe out, like I've had some great relationships and I've given two shits about my friends, just cause my girlfriend made me happier. I'm prolly gonna go my senior year alone cause I don't want to get too far in a relationship just to end it cause of college.
Another side thing that kills me is my own self image, like I am never proud of myself. I've gotten 3 years of swimming varsity and just got varsity for track, but I'm just not proud of any of it. Swim was a hand out and I got track out out of pity, my family always says I "earned" it, but honestly I don't feel like I did, I'm just never proud of any of my accomplishments cause I just tell myself that anyone can get them.
I think a lot of my problems result from no self confidence, like I don't believe in myself at all. I know I'm a boring sack of shit not worth anyone's time, but I'm still sad when people ignore me. I'm pretty hypocritical towards myself but I just can't ever think positive about myself. I'm not confident about anything I do
Another thing that sucks is that I always feel like a fucking loser, like when I get home on the weekends from work and the gym and just sit down to play videogames and chill I just feel like a fucking loser. I feel like someone is looking at me and just laughing at how pathetic I am. I'm fucking tired of feeling this way, cause there's nothing wrong with what I'm doing, it's just me telling myself that I'm a fucking worthless sack of shit.
I'm just scared for the summer cause I'ma have like nobody to talk to. Luckily I'll be leaving for like 7 weeks for camp, but I still have all of August alone, and I just don't want to feel like this for all that time. I want to have even one person to talk to, I don't want to be alone like this anymore. Honestly I'm just bitching about nothing at this point and I'm fully aware of how stupid I sound. But I just wanted to dumo this off before it gets too much.
TLDR: I feel like a fat fucking loser and my lack of self confidence prohibits me from being proud of myself
submitted by backdoorbread
to Vent [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:03 ZygardeFusion Don’t Let Reddit Kill 3rd Party Apps!
DankMemesFromSite19 will be joining in on the June 12th-14th protest of Reddit's API changes that will essentially kill all 3rd party Reddit apps.
What's going on?
A recent Reddit policy change threatens to kill many beloved third-party mobile apps, making a great many quality-of-life features not seen in the official mobile app permanently inaccessible to users.
On May 31, 2023, Reddit announced they were raising the price to make calls to their API from being free to a level that will kill every third party app on Reddit, from Apollo to Reddit is Fun to Narwhal to BaconReader.
Even if you're not a mobile user and don't use any of those apps, this is a step toward killing other ways of customizing Reddit, such as Reddit Enhancement Suite or the use of the old.reddit.com desktop interface .
This isn't only a problem on the user level: many subreddit moderators depend on tools only available outside the official app to keep their communities on-topic and spam-free.
What's the plan?
On June 12th, many subreddits
will be going dark to protest this policy. Some will return after 48 hours: others will go away permanently unless the issue is adequately addressed, since many moderators aren't able to put in the work they do with the poor tools available through the official app. This isn't something any of us do lightly: we do what we do because we love Reddit, and we truly believe this change will make it impossible to keep doing what we love. The two-day blackout isn't the goal, and it isn't the end. Should things reach the 14th with no sign of Reddit choosing to fix what they've broken, we'll use the community and buzz we've built between then and now as a tool for further action.
What can you do as a user?
- Complain. Message the mods of /reddit.com, who are the admins of the site: message reddit: submit a support request: comment in relevant threads on /reddit, such as this one, leave a negative review on their official iOS or Android app- and sign your username in support to this post.
- Spread the word. Rabble-rouse on related subreddits. Meme it up, make it spicy. Bitch about it to your cat. Suggest anyone you know who moderates a subreddit join the coordinated mod effort at /ModCoord.
- Boycott and spread the word...to Reddit's competition! Stay off Reddit entirely on June 12th through the 13th- instead, take to your favorite non-Reddit platform of choice and make some noise in support!
- Don't be a jerk. As upsetting this may be, threats, profanity and vandalism will be worse than useless in getting people on our side. Please make every effort to be as restrained, polite, reasonable and law-abiding as possible.
What can you do as a moderator? Thank you for your patience in the matter, -DankMemesFromSite19 mod team
submitted by ZygardeFusion
to DankMemesFromSite19 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:02 Glum_Prior_2872 Ashok Leyland 6-Wheeler Trucks A Versatile Solution for Efficient Transportation
| || |Introduction: submitted by Glum_Prior_2872 to u/Glum_Prior_2872 [link] [comments]
Ashok Leyland, a prominent player in the Indian commercial vehicle industry, has established itself as a trusted brand known for its reliable and robust trucks. Among their extensive range of offerings, the Ashok Leyland 6-wheeler trucks
have gained significant popularity due to their versatility and efficiency in transporting goods across diverse terrains. In this article, we will explore the features, benefits, applications, and advancements of Ashok Leyland 6-wheeler trucks, highlighting their impact on the transportation industry. Company Background:
Ashok Leyland Limited, headquartered in Chennai, India, is a flagship company of the Hinduja Group. With a rich heritage spanning over seven decades, Ashok Leyland has become a leading manufacturer of commercial vehicles, including trucks, buses, and defense vehicles, catering to both domestic and international markets. Ashok Leyland's Commitment to Quality:
Ashok Leyland is renowned for its unwavering commitment to quality, safety, and customer satisfaction. The company's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and rigorous quality control processes ensure that their vehicles meet the highest industry standards. Understanding the 6-Wheeler Configuration:
A 6-wheeler truck, as the name suggests, is a commercial vehicle equipped with six wheels. It typically comprises two axles, with a single wheel on each side of the rear axle, providing enhanced load-carrying capacity and improved stability. Key Advantages of 6-Wheeler Trucks: 1. Increased Payload Capacity:
The additional set of wheels in a 6-wheeler truck enables it to carry heavier loads compared to smaller vehicles. This makes them suitable for various applications, ranging from intra-city distribution to long-haul transportation. 2. Enhanced Stability and Manoeuvrability:
The distribution of weight across six wheels enhances the truck's stability, especially when navigating challenging terrains or corners. The improved manoeuvrability allows for better control, reducing the risk of accidents. Features and Specifications of Ashok Leyland 6-Wheeler Trucks: 1. Engine and Performance:
Ashok Leyland 6-wheeler trucks are equipped with powerful engines that deliver optimal performance, ensuring efficient transportation of goods. The engines are designed to provide high torque at lower RPMs, resulting in superior fuel efficiency. 2. Load-Carrying Capacity:
The 6-wheeler trucks from Ashok Leyland are designed to carry substantial payloads, making them ideal for a wide range of applications. They are available in different tonnage capacities to suit diverse customer requirements. 3. Cabin Comfort and Safety:
Ashok Leyland places great emphasis on driver comfort and safety. The cabins of their 6-wheeler trucks are ergonomically designed, providing a comfortable working environment. Additionally, they are equipped with advanced safety features to ensure the well-being of the driver and other road users. Applications of Ashok Leyland 6-Wheeler Trucks: 1. Goods Transportation:
The primary application of 6-wheeler trucks is the transportation of goods. These trucks are widely used for the delivery of various commodities, including FMCG products, industrial goods, construction materials, and agricultural produce. 2. E-commerce and Last-Mile Delivery:
With the rapid growth of e-commerce, 6-wheeler trucks play a crucial role in facilitating last-mile delivery. Their high load-carrying capacity and maneuverability make them suitable for navigating narrow lanes and congested urban areas, ensuring timely delivery of packages. 3. Construction and Infrastructure:
In the construction and infrastructure sectors, 6-wheeler trucks are utilized to transport materials such as sand, gravel, cement, and bricks. The robust build and excellent load-carrying capacity of Ashok Leyland trucks make them well-suited for these demanding applications. Technological Advancements and Innovations: 1. Fuel Efficiency and Emission Control:
Ashok Leyland has been at the forefront of adopting innovative technologies to enhance fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. Their 6-wheeler trucks/tipper
incorporate advanced features like turbochargers, common rail fuel injection systems, and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) to optimize fuel consumption and minimize environmental impact. 2. Telematics and Connectivity:
Ashok Leyland has embraced the power of connectivity and telematics in their trucks. By integrating GPS-based tracking systems and real-time monitoring, fleet operators can optimize vehicle utilization, track performance metrics, and proactively manage maintenance requirements. Conclusion:
Ashok Leyland 6-wheeler trucks have become synonymous with efficiency, reliability, and versatility in the transportation industry. Their robust build, high load-carrying capacity, and technological advancements make them an ideal choice for various applications, ranging from goods transportation to last-mile delivery and construction activities. As Ashok Leyland continues to innovate and evolve, their 6-wheeler trucks are poised to shape the future of commercial vehicle transportation, catering to the evolving needs of businesses and consumers alike. Get more information visit here TrucksBuses.com
2023.06.09 06:51 BonnieMcMurray Download speed issues: a painful experience and a request for your insight
[Relevant connection info: the cable runs along the side of the house to a splitter. One cable from there runs to the TV box and the other runs to the modem.]
My internet connection has always worked great: I pay for 400 Mbps down and every time I do a speed test, I always get more than that - typically around 475 Mbps. It's very consistent.
Recently, I was having issues getting a new TV box working, so I chatted w/tech support and the agent "found a problem" with my connection and scheduled an engineer to visit. The engineer came out, ripped the splitter off the wall, replaced it with a new one and also installed a gender changer. (At least, that's what I assume it is.) See this pic for what it looks like now.
The engineer then said there were no more errors and then he left.
Ever since then, my download speeds have sucked!
Sometimes they'll be normal and then sometimes I'll get maybe 30 Mbps if I'm lucky. Meanwhile, the modem's log shows a bunch of "critical" errors several times per minute, of the following types:
- Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
- Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, but no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
- MDD message timeout
- Dynamic Range Window violation
Also, whereas before, all the downstream channels showed as "Locked", now one or two regularly show as "Not Locked". (But not all the time; it seems to be intermittent. It's not always the same channels either.) Here's a screenshot.
. They're currently all locked, but I've noticed that the channels that sometimes become "Not Locked" are always the ones with high corrected/uncorrected numbers. I suspect that's significant. So I wanted to ask:
is this kind of cabling to a splitter normal? Also, have you seen these kinds of issues on the modem and do you know what might be causing it/what the solution is?
I'm scheduling another engineer, so I'm hoping to be better informed this time!
submitted by BonnieMcMurray
to Comcast [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:49 Dwdrums321 Anyone else have leaks after a window replacement?
I discovered a leak at the top of the A pillar with water seeping through the "Air Bag Panel Bolt Cover" and water on my floor mats. I live in the southwest and this truck never sees rain. I am now on the east coast and got some good rain today. Safelite replaced my window a while back and the passenger side window glue does not look like my drivers side glue at all.
My TPMS Ecu seems to have failed as well, getting no readings from the TPMS. I took of some panels off and there is plenty of water in there and on the cables. My drivers side A pillar air bag was also soaked. Don't know if water landed on the fuse box.
Should I bring this to Toyota first and have them prove it was the window installation. Then go after safelite?
Thanks for the input.
submitted by Dwdrums321
to ToyotaTacoma [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:47 stygarfield r/Nanaimo will be going dark on June 12 for 48 hours to protest the API changes.
What's going on?
A recent Reddit policy change threatens to kill many beloved third-party mobile apps, making many quality-of-life features not seen in the official mobile app permanently inaccessible
to users. If you, or someone you know has a visual impairment - these changes will also block the tools they use to access reddit, as the reddit website and official app are ill-designed and un-equipped to aid those with accessibility issues.
On May 31, 2023, Reddit announced they were raising the price to make calls to their API from being free to a level that will kill many useful third party apps on Reddit, from Apollo
to Reddit is Fun
This isn't only a problem on the user level: many subreddit moderators depend on tools only available outside the official app to keep their communities on-topic and spam-free.
What's the plan?
On June 12th, many subreddits will be going dark to protest this policy. Some will return after 48 hours: others will go away permanently unless the issue is adequately addressed, since many moderators aren't able to put in the work they do with the poor tools available through the official app. This isn't something any of us do lightly: we do what we do because we love Reddit, and we truly believe this change will make it impossible to keep doing what we love.
The two-day blackout isn't the goal, and it isn't the end
. Should things reach the 14th with no sign of Reddit choosing to fix what they've broken, we'll use the community and buzz we've built between then and now as a tool for further action.
What can you do?
- Complain. Message the mods of /reddit.com, who are the admins of the site: message reddit: submit a support request: comment in relevant threads on /reddit, such as this one, leave a negative review on their official iOS or Android app- and sign your username in support to this post.
- Spread the word. Meme it up, make it spicy. Bitch about it to your cat. Suggest anyone you know who moderates a subreddit join us at our sister sub at /ModCoord - but please don't pester mods you don't know by simply spamming their modmail, or by breaking the rules of other subreddits.
- Boycott and spread the word...to Reddit's competition! Stay off Reddit entirely on June 12th through the 13th- instead, take to your favourite non-Reddit platform of choice and make some noise in support!
- Don't be a jerk. As upsetting this may be, threats, profanity and vandalism will be worse than useless in getting people on our side. Please make every effort to be as restrained, polite, reasonable and law-abiding as possible. This includes not harassing moderators of subreddits who have chosen not to take part: no one likes a missionary, a used-car salesman, or a flame warrior.
How does it affect you?
In 2021, Reddit opened a Canadian office. This new office symbolised a recognition of the Canadian market being a model for what Reddit was seeking in other international market places. Reddit's own COO, Jen Wong has said, “Canada is already home to a deeply engaged Reddit audience that is growing steadily by the day and it is a top priority for us and our internationalisation strategy." source
Canadians are a largely sought after market, we have a disproportionate voice to lend to this important issue. Canadians on reddit punch way above their weight class, Nanaimo
will join with countless subreddits in defense of these third party apps. These applications provide us as users, and as moderators, tools that make Reddit more usable, accessible, functionable, and easier to moderate.
Countless users have reached out on this important issue, and we are in agreement. Reddit's failure to listen to the community means we must speak in unison to protect these services. For those in disagreement, we will see you back on June 15. We acknowledge that Reddit has been reaching out to moderators, and is recognizing the concern raised by the communities. We will keep users updated through this post as the situation changes.
submitted by stygarfield
to nanaimo [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:47 chronic-venting Long-Silenced Victim of a Predatory Writer Gets to Tell Her Story
For decades, the writer Gabriel Matzneff used Francesca Gee's image and letters to champion his sexual pursuit of adolescents. But her own account was rejected, until now. March 31, 2020
PARIS—In her telling, Francesca Gee was out with a girlfriend, a late autumn day in Paris in 1983, when they spotted a new bookstore. As they lingered before the storefront, her friend suddenly pointed to the bottom of the window.
"Look, it's you!"
Ms. Gee's face was staring back at her from the cover of a novel, Drunk on Lost Wine
, by Gabriel Matzneff, the writer and champion of [child and adolescent sexual abuse].
A decade earlier, at 15, Ms. Gee, had gotten involved in a traumatic three-year relationship with the much older Mr. Matzneff. Now, he was using her teenage face on his novel's cover, and her letters in its pages, without having asked her or even informing her, she said.
For decades, despite Ms. Gee's protests, Mr. Matzneff used her letters to justify [adolescent sexual abuse] and what he cast as great love affairs with teenage girls, all the while supported by members of France's literary, media, business and political elite.
Mr. Matzneff's books were endorsed by some of France's most prestigious publishers, including Gallimard, which printed Drunk on Lost Wine
(Ivre du vin perdu
) for nearly four decades with the same cover—in effect using Ms. Gee's face to promote the kind of relationship that has scarred some of Mr. Matzneff's victims for life.
"I'm persecuted by this image of me, which is like a malevolent double," Ms. Gee said.
Hers is the story of a woman unable to tell her own story—until now.
Ms. Gee, now 62, contacted The New York Times after the publication of an article that described how Mr. Matzneff openly wrote about and engaged in sex with teenage girls and prepubescent boys for decades.
After anguishing over her decision, Ms. Gee—who had a career as a journalist and speaks fluent English, French, Italian and Spanish—broke her silence of 44 years in a series of interviews over two days in southwest France, where she lives.
That decision was facilitated by a recent cultural shift in France.
Mr. Matzneff first achieved renown in the 1970s, when some French intellectuals regarded [adult-child sex] as a form of liberation against parental oppression. Though those views fell out of favor in the 1990s, he continued to publish and prosper until late last year.
But in the past couple of months, he was charged with promoting the sexual abuse of children, stripped of state-conferred honors and dropped by his three publishers.
Gallimard stopped selling the novel with Ms. Gee's image on the cover only in January, after the publication of Le Consentement
), the first account by one of Mr. Matzneff's underage victims, Vanessa Springora. Consent
turned the widely celebrated Mr. Matzneff into a social pariah overnight. While he went into hiding in Italy, his former supporters, across France's elite, have studiously distanced themselves or jettisoned him.
When she first heard of Consent
, Ms. Gee said, she was "elated" that the "Vanessa" in Mr. Matzneff's books—someone she had never met but had always considered a little sister—was speaking.
"She has done the work, I don't have to worry about it anymore," Ms. Gee remembers thinking. "But then within a week or two, I realize that I'm very much a part of this story."
In fact, nearly two decades before Consent
shook up France, Ms. Gee tried—unsuccessfully—to tell her story, in 2004. She wrote a manuscript that, in detailing her involvement with Mr. Matzneff, grappled with some of the same themes and used the same vocabulary as Consent
But no publisher accepted her manuscript.
At Albin Michel, a major house, an editor appeared receptive—but when he took Ms. Gee's manuscript to a committee, it was ultimately turned down.
In a rejection letter, the editor, Thierry Pfister, explained that some committee members had expressed reservations, noting that Mr. Matzneff, was a part of "Saint-Germain-des-Prés"—shorthand for the French publishing industry concentrated in that Paris neighborhood.
"Back then, Matzneff wasn't the old, isolated man he is today," said Mr. Pfister, who is no longer at Albin Michel. "He was still in Paris with his network, his friends."
"We made the decision not to go cross swords with that group," he recalled. "There was more to lose than to gain. I spoke in her favor. They didn't agree with me."
Mr. Matzneff's network of supporters was surprisingly wide.
In 1973, when Ms. Gee was 15 and Mr. Matzneff was 37, a friend of the writer introduced them to a gynecologist who agreed to prescribe contraceptive pills to underage girls without their parents' authorization—an illegal act back then.
In his diary of the period, Élie et Phaéton
, Mr. Matzneff writes that the gynecologist, Dr. Michèle Barzach, "at no point felt the need to lecture this man of 37 years and his lover of 15."
Ms. Gee said she saw Dr. Barzach a half-dozen times over three years, always accompanied by Mr. Matzneff.
"He calls her and makes an appointment, and we go," she recalled. "He's in the waiting room while I'm with her. And then he comes in, and they talk and he pays her."
In his other diaries, Mr. Matzneff writes that Dr. Barzach became the go-to gynecologist to whom he took underage girls for years after he and Ms. Gee parted in 1976.
Dr. Barzach, who was also a psychoanalyst, was France's health minister from 1986 to 1988 under President François Mitterrand.
From 2012 to 2015, she was the head in France of UNICEF
, the United Nation's child protection agency. Citing privacy reasons, UNICEF refused to provide contact details for Dr. Barzach, who is no longer at the agency. Dr. Barzach did not reply to an interview request that UNICEF said had been forwarded to her. "Love"? Or a "Hostage Taking"?
For decades, Mr. Matzneff claimed that his relations with underage girls had helped them for the rest of their lives. Their initiation into art, literature, love and sex, by an older man, had left them happier and freer, he claimed.
The claim—repeated by his supporters—went unchallenged until the publication in January of Consent
, in which Ms. Springora writes that her involvement with Mr. Matzneff, starting at age 14, left her with psychological problems for decades.
In her unpublished manuscript of 2004, Ms. Gee described her involvement with the writer as a "cataclysm that shattered me when I was 15 years old, and that changed the course of my life"—leaving her "ashamed, bitter and confused."
The accounts by Ms. Gee and Ms. Springora are especially significant because Mr. Matzneff has often described them as two of the three great loves of his life. He devoted diaries, novels, poems and essays to each woman—material that, according to anti-[child sexual abuse] groups, provided the intellectual cover for many men to target prepubescent children or adolescent girls.
Ms. Gee recalls running into Mr. Matzneff for the first time in Paris in 1973 with her mother, who had known him years before.
David Gee, Ms. Gee's younger brother, said their parents regularly invited the writer over for dinner parties. His presence especially pleased their father, a British journalist long based in Paris who sought his place in French society.
"It was one of those very important things, socially speaking, to be established in the intelligentsia," Mr. Gee said. "That was more important than looking at the side effects of [child and adolescent sexual abuse]."
With her father's approval, Ms. Gee saw the writer over three years, unable to break away from him. Ms. Gee's father died in 2014.
Using the same methods he later would with Ms. Springora, Mr. Matzneff exercised a hold on the teenage girl. He isolated her, forbidding her to socialize with friends her age.
He pulled political strings to have Ms. Gee transferred to a high school near his home—and boasted about it in his diaries. Then he got into the habit of waiting for Ms. Gee outside her new high school, Lycée Montaigne, next to the Luxembourg Gardens.
"He came every day to make sure that everyone understood that no one was supposed to try anything with me," Ms. Gee recalled. "It was a very specific place where he was just standing there waiting for me."
Ms. Gee recently met with one of the detectives who began investigating Mr. Matzneff and his supporters in the aftermath of the publication of Consent
. After she detailed her involvement with Mr. Matzneff during the five-hour meeting in Paris, she said, the detective described it as a "hostage taking." Trapped in His Stories
Ms. Gee turned 18 in 1976 and, after several anguished attempts, was finally able to free herself from Mr. Matzneff's grip, having become more and more critical of him. "It was growing up, basically," she said.
Still, she would remain hostage for decades—trapped in his storytelling and his use of her letters.
Encouraged by Mr. Matzneff, Ms. Gee had written him hundreds of amorous and sexually explicit letters during their three years together.
Some of them he published in 1974, without her authorization, in his fierce defense of [child and adolescent sexual abuse], Les moins de seize ans
(Under 16 Years Old
). He was offering those letters, he wrote in another book, Les passions schismatiques
, as evidence that "a relationship of love between an adult and a child could be for the latter extremely rich, and the source of a fullness of life."
Ms. Gee said the words in the letters were those of a teenager manipulated by a man the age of her parents. Her letters were also used in Ivre du vin perdu
, the novel whose cover featured an illustration of her.
"Now I consider they were extorted and used as a weapon against me," Ms. Gee said.
In her manuscript, Ms. Gee writes that "he used me to justify the sexual exploitation of children and teenagers."
For years, Ms. Gee's feelings about her experience with Mr. Matzneff were "muddied." Then in the early 1990s, her understanding became clearer.
"It was only when I was almost 35 years old that I realized this wasn't a love story," Ms. Gee recalled.
It was in 1992 that she contacted Mr. Matzneff, demanding that he stop using her letters and that he return them to her. Eventually, he sent her a photocopied stack—a carefully selected batch that excluded her negative correspondence.
A decade later, in 2002, it was Mr. Matzneff who wrote to her, asking, for the first time, her permission to use old photographs of her in a book. In the turquoise blue ink that he always used to pen his letters, Mr. Matzneff offered to identify the teenager as "the young girl who inspired the character of Angiolina in Ivre du vin perdu
Not only did Ms. Gee refuse, but she also demanded again that his books be purged of her letters and that her face be taken off the cover of Ivre du vin perdu
. She also demanded that three old photographs of her be taken off a website
devoted to Mr. Matzneff and created by an admirer, Frank Laganier. The photos were pulled only seven years later, in 2010, after Ms. Gee's continued pressure, she said.
Mr. Laganier, who is now living in Paris, declined interview requests. His lawyer, Emmanuel Pierrat—who is representing Mr. Matzneff in a [promotion of child sexual abuse] case and is a longtime supporter of the writer—declined to be interviewed.
In 2004, Ms. Gee began preparing to sue Gallimard, the publisher of Ivre du vin perdu
, and La passion Francesca
, Mr. Matzneff's diary of their relationship, but stopped because of the high legal costs. Gallimard did not respond to interview requests; Antoine Gallimard, the head of the publishing house, did not respond to an interview request sent to his email address.
Unable to stop Mr. Matzneff, Ms. Gee also could not tell her own story.
After her manuscript was rejected by Albin Michel, she took it, unsuccessfully, to several other publishing houses.
Geneviève Jurgensen, who was an editor at Bayard and met with Ms. Gee in 2004, said the manuscript's focus was not in line with Bayard, which specialized in publishing youth books, as well as works on philosophy and religion.
Ms. Jurgensen, after recently reading excerpts from the manuscript, described it as "well written" and containing "situations that seem almost word for word those described by Vanessa Springora."
"Obviously, it wasn't the quality of the book that was the issue," Ms. Jurgensen said of Ms. Gee's failure to find a publisher in 2004. "Clearly, it was 15 years too early. The world wasn't ready yet."
The final rejection came from Grasset, the very same publisher that broke a taboo by issuing Ms. Springora's Consent
Martine Boutang, an editor at Grasset, remembers being moved by Ms. Gee's account, she said, but couldn't see a way to get it published: the subject was "too sensitive," and two members of Grasset's editorial committee were "close to Matzneff."
"The question wasn't the quality of the text," she said.
Ms. Gee recalls feeling that Ms. Boutang was trying to stall the project by asking her to rework a manuscript that she had no intention of publishing. Ms. Boutang said she did not remember asking for a rewrite.
By contrast, Mr. Matzneff had no problems continuing to get his writings published—including Under 16 Years Old
, the book that used Ms. Gee's letters to justify [adult] sex with underage girls. Whose Story?
In a recent interview in the Italian Riviera, where he has been hiding, Mr. Matzneff said that if Ms. Gee "called me tomorrow, I would be delighted to see her."
Ms. Gee would be delighted if she could stop being reminded of him. In a book published last November, more than four decades after she left him, Mr. Matzneff mentioned her no fewer than a dozen times. Ms. Gee herself is now working on a new manuscript on the writer.
Over the years, unexpected incidents have sometimes reminded her that she remains a prisoner inside Mr. Matzneff's story.
A few years ago, she found herself waiting outside the Lycée Montaigne, her old high school, which her niece Lélia was now attending.
"I wait for her where Matzneff used to wait for me," Ms. Gee recalled.
Over lunch, her niece, a literature student, told her that she was "working on a contemporary author called Gabriel Matzneff."
That's how Lélia, who is now 25, learned that the books she had been reading described a "family history," she says. To this day, she says, she had talked little with her aunt about her days with Mr. Matzneff.
"Most of what I know about all of this comes from Gabriel Matzneff, and not my aunt," she said. "And that's exactly where the problem lies."
submitted by chronic-venting
to Prevention [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:46 Mental-Ad4983 resizing a window after un-maximizing it often causes it to shrink to its minimum possible size
2023.06.09 06:39 The-true-og-pancake Important DeepBlue.io announcement
I will be switching deepblue.io
to private starting June 12th but it will return on the 14th, unless the issue is not addressed then I will keep it private for as long as nessacary to do my part against Reddit.
Update with the game:
So I have been extremely busy with a lot of things and it will be that way until the end of July so no updates will be made until then. I might do a few slight changes, but it is not guaranteed. If you have any questions please leave it in the comments. So, what's going on?
On May 31, 2023, Reddit announced they were raising the price of access to their API from being free to a level that will kill every third party app on Reddit, from Apollo to Reddit is Fun to Narwhal to BaconReader, potentially even Reddit Enhancement Suite (RES) and old.reddit.com on desktop too. This threatens to make a great many quality-of-life features not seen in the official mobile app permanently inaccessible to users.
This isn't only a problem on the user level. Many moderators depend on tools only available outside the official app to keep their communities on-topic and spam-free.
On June 12th, many subreddits, including DeepBlueio
, will be going dark to protest this policy. Some will return after 48 hours: others will go away permanently unless the issue is adequately addressed, since many moderators aren't able to put in the work they do with the poor tools available through the official app. This isn't something any of us do lightly: we do what we do because we love Reddit, and we truly believe this change will make it impossible to keep doing what we love.
The two-day blackout isn't the goal, and it isn't the end. Should things reach the 14th with no sign of Reddit choosing to fix what they've broken, we'll use the community and buzz we've built between then and now as a tool for further action.
What can you do?
- Message the mods of reddit.com, who are the admins of the site.
- Message reddit.
- Submit a support request.
- Comment in relevant threads on reddit.
- Leave a negative review on their official iOS or Android app- and sign your username in support to this protest.
Suggest that anyone you know who moderates a subreddit join the protest at the sister sub ModCoord
, but please don't pester mods you don't know by simply spamming their modmail. Thank you to those that messaged us, we've heard your voice loud and clear.
Boycott and spread the word using Reddit's competition! Stay off Reddit entirely on June 12th through the 13th. Instead, take to your favorite non-Reddit platform of choice and make some noise in support!
Don't be a jerk. As upsetting this may be, threats, profanity and vandalism will be worse than useless in getting people on our side. Please make every effort to be as restrained, polite, reasonable and law-abiding as possible.
For more information, go here: https://old.reddit.com/Save3rdPartyApps/comments/13yh0jf/dont_let_reddit_kill_3rd_party_apps/
submitted by The-true-og-pancake
to DeepBlueio [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:33 jijapeval Marital infidelity investigator
| || | submitted by jijapeval to u/jijapeval [link] [comments]
Infidelity is a common problem in today's society. While it can be devastating for the person being cheated on, it can also be difficult to prove without concrete evidence. This is where hiring a private investigator comes in handy.
One of the main reasons why Cyber Hacks is so effective as a cheater investigator
is their expertise in cyber security. With more people than ever conducting illicit relationships online, it's critical to have someone on your side who understands how these platforms work and what information can be gleaned from them. By utilizing advanced tools, Cyber Hacks can help trace digital footprints and gather evidence that may not be accessible through more traditional investigative methods. https://preview.redd.it/gi1y81tm7x4b1.png?width=960&format=png&auto=webp&s=dc8d0e8c388ff3c778e3c55a39afeb03173c664d
With numerous private investigators available, it is essential to consider using those who come highly recommended. The field of private investigation encompasses a wide range of services, from personal matters like background checks and infidelity investigations to corporate investigations and legal support.
Given the sensitive nature of these tasks, it is crucial to entrust them to professionals who have a proven track record and positive reviews from previous clients. Cyber Hacks has earned their reputation through their expertise, reliability, and ethical practices.
2023.06.09 06:32 MonsTurkey We're Joining The Reddit Blackout On June 12th and 13th To Protest the Planned API Changes That Will Kill 3rd Party Apps
Recently Reddit Inc has announced changes to their API which, if enacted, will shut down many, if not all, 3rd party apps that a large number of Redditors use to access and enjoy their favorite communities - this one included.
One of the most critical changes to the API is that it is moving from a free to a paid model, resulting in expenses that developers of 3rd party apps simply cannot afford. To put the price change in to context, Apollo, one of the most popular 3rd party apps for Reddit, is looking at a cost of $1.7 million per month to continue operating. That's a cost of $12,000 per 50 million API requests. In contrast, Apollo pays Imgur $166 for every 50 million API calls.
This means popular apps like Apollo
, Reddit Is Fun
and many more will have to shut down - permanently.
Even if you're not using a 3rd party app yourself, these changes are likely to impact the communities you enjoy as well, with the vast majority of moderation teams relying on 3rd party or self-made tools, that utilise Reddit's API.
And on top of all that, it paints a bleak picture of what is to come for those of us who use other tools, like Reddit Enhancement Suite and old.reddit.com. Here's a little TLDR on why this is important
. So what are we planning?
On June 12th, we and a growing number of other subs
- large and small - will go dark for 48 hours. During that time, you will not be able to view or post any content on RLFashionAdvice
This action isn't something we take lightly.
We understand that many of you enjoy coming here on a daily basis to look at and share designs, but we believe that we must take a stand on this topic - and this is how we can do so.
We understand that Reddit is a company that has to make money in order to offer us a place to be the community that we are - but killing beloved 3rd party apps is not they way to do it.
We are not asking Reddit to provide a paid service for free - we are asking for reasonable pricing for apps that people have come to love and depend on to participate in their communities.
We can't tell you that the blackout will solve the problem, because we simply don't know. But we have to try. What you can do to support this
While subs going dark is one thing, regular users can help as well.
Reach out to Reddit via the channels available to you: Modmail reddit
, comment in relevant posts regarding the API changes, submit your comments via the contact forms.
Spread the word about the changes and the consequences where you can. Doesn't have to be on Reddit. The important thing is getting it attention.
Participate in the communities that highlight this issue: Save3rdPartyApps
And finally stay off Reddit completely from June 12th to 14th. The blackout is one thing, but users staying away from the site entirely will send an equally important message.
But don't forget: Don't be a jerk. As frustrating as this is, being toxic or aggressive is not the way to go. Remember the human on the other side of the screen.
Side notes: The current contest will extend to Wednesday at 5pm Eastern for any last entries after the sub re-opens. However, I don't recommend waiting until late Sunday to post your design or try to remember on Wednesday. The moderators are in US-E and may close the sub earlier than you anticipate so we can go to bed and sleep at a decent hour.
submitted by MonsTurkey
to RLFashionAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:32 EliasFakanami Creating a tile with a dial
I have tried googling what I am trying to do, but have had no luck. Hopefully somebody here can help me.
I am prototyping a game, in which a players character is represented by a tile, or a card, with two dials (spinners) to track statistics (one on either side of the tile). However I seem to be unable to find a way to do this. I did try using the Ludo Lodge custom counters as a work around, but as soon as I used the joint tool, to anchor them to the tile, the buttons disapeared.
I hope I have explained what I am trying to do adequately. Thanks in advance.
submitted by EliasFakanami
to tabletopsimulator [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:31 daniel___- Uniden r3 question
I’ve had my Uniden r3 for about a month now, it’s my first radar detector. Ive found it pretty helpful so far, but today when I was driving I passed a cop who was parked on the side of the road with his window down actively using his hand held radar gun facing traffic and the detector didn’t go off. Thankfully I wasn’t going too fast. Anyone know why this would happen?
submitted by daniel___-
to radardetectors [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 06:30 Moss_Shroom6939 Root of and Rant About My Eating Disorder (///TW/// mentions of disordered eating behaviors, self harm, suicidal thoughts, and profanity)
I think I can finally admit to myself that, even though it's self-diagnosed, I do, in fact, have a problem. I've known deep down that I've had one for as long as I can remember, but I just didn't want to believe it. "Just a new diet," I've said every time the problems changed... Truthfully, I think it started when I was 5. My mom always projected her insecurities onto my body, and, naturally, the rules and diets to fix them ensued. I know she didn't mean any harm, but it gave me a terrible self-image. There were so many nights I'd lay awake, unable to sleep because I was so hungry, and started sneaking into the kitchen for food. Eventually, it became every night. I put on a lot of weight, and my dad and his side of the family always made sure I was aware of it every time I'd come over. Just after I had turned 8, I was rushed to the hospital for my ruptured appendix. I learned 2 things after surgery. One, I was medically considered obese and my parents were hardly surprised. And two, I would have died if I arrived just an hour later... I felt so disappointed. "Why couldn't I have waited to say something?" "I ruined everything all over again... again." "Mom is going to need another job to pay for this and it's all my fault." "I took my parents' time away from my brother and sister, they're going to hate me." and so on. I hated myself for living. I decided that I would make it up to them. I'd make up for all the trouble I caused, make them see I was worth the trouble, then end it, I had to make things right... but I didn't. My mom dropped out of college because she'd missed so many classes, my sister's behavioral issues got worse, my step-mom left my dad, and everything was falling apart. On top of it all, I was bullied relentlessly for my ever-growing weight problem by both my schoolmates and my family. By twelve years old, I couldn't take it anymore, but I was too scared to die. I moved in with my dad and step-mom (returned a few years prior) and started what I thought was a normal diet, just to get where I was supposed to be. I was heavy into portioning out every meal, no snacks, hours of exercise every other night, vitamin therapy, and so on. People at my new school started noticing my weight loss and often made comments about it. It felt... euphoric. I finally did something right... but my brain fog was thick as sludge, and soon my grades reflected it. I realize, now, that it was a side effect of my "diet," but I didn't care. Yea, my parents hated it, but they loved my weight loss even more. My step-mom had her Jenny doll, and I was finally not the topic of conversation and the butt of every joke. But then I hit my plateau. No matter how little I ate, how much I worked out, how hard I tried, I couldn't shift the weight. Months went by and then there was no ignoring my faults - my bad grades, my attitude, my rebelliousness (which wasn't even that bad[?]) On my thirteenth birthday, I discovered "pro-ana/mia" Tumblr and lifetime movies. I became obsessed and soon found my new best friend. "Ana" helped me keep weight off, sure, but "Mia..." I could finally eat and lose weight at the same time. Purging became my new addiction. I could eat what I wanted, as much of it as I wanted, and deal with none of the consequences. I finally was able to shift the weight and gained back good graces with everyone. But then something changed. Suddenly, the scale started going up again. I couldn't believe it. I cried so hard when I realized. So I mixed them. I ate my old portions on non-fasting days, got sick on that, and stopped giving myself rest days from workouts. My addiction got worse. I started chugging water just to get sick so I could ride the high - to "feel pure." But it wasn't enough. I needed more of a release. So I started self-harming in a new way - cutting. It, too, got so bad I even did it at school... that was... until I got caught. My counselor called my dad, and he and his wife's responses? "You have no reason to feel this way." "You're so selfish." "You just want attention." and so on. So I hid it (the cutting) better, and they believed I stopped. Then high school came, and I was so sick and tired of being sick and tired, tired of lying, and hiding. I sought help because I couldn't stick to my "diet" as well and felt like crap all of the time, but my therapist just wanted me to tell my family - the same family that put me in this position in the first place; the same family that had to have known at least a little (I caught them listening to my being sick on multiple occasions, they watched me run to the bathroom after every meal, watched me cook 2oz of unseasoned chicken breast every night and never finish eating it for over 3 months, etc.); the same family that offered me ridicule instead of support when I was literally at rock bottom... She knew all of this, mind you. Not two months in and she threatened to call my parents when she saw how I looked without makeup (3 shades paler, no color to my cheeks, dry and cracking lips, dark circles, and so on) if I got any worse. I put on a full face of makeup, declared I felt so much better, and quit the next day. Every therapist I've had since just made me worse because I felt I had to prove my problems. So I stopped. Now, here I am, 20 years old, and I'm still doing the same shit. I don't want to. I know I'm just hurting myself and those around me. I feel incredibly guilty about my every thought and action and I'm not even sure they're my own anymore. I want to feel better, but I don't want to give up my goals. I know it makes me selfish and stupid. I just... I don't know what to do anymore. There are no support groups in my area and the hospital turned me away because "there was no way I was this weight with these problems." Truth be told, I don't think I actually want to get better though, so I guess it was for the best, but just, for once, I just want someone, anyone, to finally listen to me about my problems and help me validate that I actually have one as opposed to denying everything. I know this has been all over the place, so thank you if you managed to get this far. This is the most coherent I've been in weeks and was the best I could muster. I'm just tired of being the only one to know.
submitted by Moss_Shroom6939
to offmychest [link] [comments]